Admin Login

@MMurphySports Intermediate Championship – Killybegs hosts Aodh Ruadh v Naomh Columba and Cloughaneely play Buncrana in O’Donnell Park

By Sinéad Breen Donegal PRO Tue 8th Sep

The Intermediate Michael Murphy Championship semifinals will be played simultaneously next Sunday September 13th at 13,00 – one in Letterkenny, the other in Killybegs.


Eamonn Byrne Memorial Park : Aodh Ruadh v Naomh Columba

O’Donnell Park, Letterkenny : Buncranncha v Cloich Cheann Fhaola


The quarter-finals last weekend all went the way of the home sides but none of them were easily won, Buncrana were the most convincing winners but despite surging ahead, leading 2-4 to 0-1 after ten minutes, a hat-trick of Michael Sweeney goals meant it was the second half before they shook off Gaeil Fhánadá’s challenge. There were four points between the sides at the break but again the first ten minutes were dominated by the home side who hit 1-4 without reply to lead 3-13 to 3-2 by the 40th minute. It ended 4-15 to 4-5 and Darrach O’Connor was the WinYourHouseinDublin Man of the Match.



With home venue Cloughaneely were favourites in PCC Falcarragh and the odds improved with Red Hughs missing county star Stephen McMenamin. The Killygordon men fought doggedly to remain in touch but never pulled back the early three point lead established by Cloughaneely. It was 0-7 to 0-3 at half-time, 0-9 0-6 at the second water-break. It ended o-13 to 0-9 – two points from late substitute Jason McGee, returning to action, helping the hosts get over the line. John Fitzgerald was man of the match.



In Ballyshannon Aodh Ruadh got the early points but a Naomh Muire goal put the visitors in front and they led 1-4 to 0-5 at the break. The home side, helped by a stiff breeze, took over in the second half, hitting six consecutive scores and ran out comfortable 0-15 to 1-7 winners. Michael McKenna was the WinYourHouseinDublin Man of the Match.



Naomh Columba dominated this game from the start but a Paul McLaughlin goal on the stroke of half-time left just three points between the teams at the break. With the home side hitting the first three scores of the second half to go six clear Naomh Columba seemed to be back in charge but while Malin had the better of the last quarter they needed a second goal to close the gap. It never came as the game ended Naomh Columba 0-13 Malin 1-7.


By Sinéad Breen Donegal PRO Tue 8th Sep

Related News

View All

Main Sponsor

Our Sponsors