Admin Login

Marley Travel Division 2 – Dungloe lose narrowly to Four Masters in Páirc na Rosann

By Sinéad Breen Donegal PRO Mon 29th Apr

Marley Travel Division 2 – Dungloe lose narrowly to Four Masters in Páirc na Rosann
Marley Travel Division 2 – Dungloe lose narrowly to Four Masters in Páirc na Rosann

An Clochán Liath               0-8

Na Ceithre Maistrí           0-9

(Martina Reilly in Rosses Park)


Our featured game in Marley Travel Division 2 this weekend was Dungloe v Four Masters, where the home side were narrowly defeated in Rosses Park by their visitors from Donegal town. Fielding without some of their regulars the home side battled to the final whistle but couldn’t get the ball over the bar to draw level as the game went deep into injury time. The game gave substance to the old chestnut about it being a game of two halves. The first half belonged to the home side, it seen them lead 0-6 to 0-0 as the game entered the 3rd minute of injury time at the end of the first half. The Dungloe points had come from Oisin Bonner, Noel McBride (0-2), Daniel Ward, Danny Rodgers (f) & Adam Neely. In the 34 minute in virtually the last kick of the half that Four Masters registered their first score of the game a free from Thomas McGowan. Half Time Dungloe 0-6 Four Masters 0-1.


The second half started with the visitors attacking from the throw in – David Quinn’s shot came off the post but Kevin McBrearty made sure and raised the white flag for Masters to reduce the deficit. After 9 minutes the deficit was reduced to 2 with points as David Quinn & Thomas McGowan converted frees. Oisin Bonner then got Dungloe on the scoreboard for the first time in the second half, stretching the home sides lead back to three, converting a free after being fouled as he headed for the Four Master’s goals. Another David Quinn point kept the visitors in touch as the game entered the final quarter but Adam Neely restored the home side’s three point advantage with a converted free on 20 minutes.


Four Masters then struck four on succession as they hit a purlple patch at just the right time. Conor McDaid and a Thomas McGowan free reduced the margin before Patrick Reid levelled matters. The visitors goalie, Martin Cassidy, was central to the equalizer, stopping a clearing a Dungloe shot, leaving his goals on a run to almost midfield before find Reid with a pass. With two minutes of normal time to remaining, Jamie Crawford pointed to give Na Ceithre Maistri the lead for the first time with what would be the game’s final score. Dungloe pushed hard for an equalizer in the remaining minutes and despite their forwards having chances to level the game in injury time their shots fell either side of the posts before referee Shane Toolan blew the final whistle.


In the Reserve fixture Dungloe won on a scoreline of 2-10 to 1-10.


Dungloe: Danny Rodgers (0-1f), Jason McBride, Matt O’Donnell, Jack Scally, David McCarron, Mark Curran, Christy Greene, NOel McBride (0-2), Darren Curran, Conor O’Donnell, Daniel Ward (0-1), Barry Curran, Adam Neely (0-2 1f ), Conor Greene, Oisin Bonner (0-2 1f), Subs used: Shaun Wallace for Conor Greene, Shaun Sharkey for Jack Scally.


Four Masters: Martin Cassidy, Brian Fegan, Dylan Kennedy, Cathal Canavan, Aron McCrea, Conor Rooney, Caolan Loughney, Oisin Reid, Kevin McBrearty (0-1,) Conor McMonagle, David Quinn (0-2 1f) Thomas McGowan (0-3 3f), Jamie Crawford (0-1), Patrick Reid (0-1), Conor McDaid (0-1), Subs used: Eoin Curley for Conor Rooney, Aidan McHugh for Eoin Curley.


Elsewhere in Division 2, Killybegs ran riot against an understrength Buncrana who paid the price for missing players of the caliber of Caolan McGonagle, John Campbell, Bruce Waldron, Jack O’Loughlin and Adrian Doherty. They may still have been unable to cope with a Killybegs side who have won five games from five and for whom Hugh McFadden excelled in the middle of the park and hit six points (4f). The game was effectively over at half-time with the home side 2-10 to 0-3 to the good. The Killybegs goals came from Michael and Paul Cunningham in a 2-18 to 0-5 win.

The visitors from Ardara took the two league points in a close and competitive encounter in Páirc Taobhoige on a scoreline of Gleann Fhinne 2-12 Ard an Ratha 2-14. Stephen Carr and Stephen Ward were the goal-scoreres for the home side while Gareth Concarr starred for Ardara with a personal total of 2-5. In Pairc Gearoid Ó Gallachóir, St Nauls won a low scoring game by the minimum accounting for Termon on a scoreline of 0-8 to 0-7.


Marley Travel Division 2

CLG Na Cealla Beaga 5 5 0 0 97 56 41 10
Gleann Fhinne 5 3 0 2 74 70 4 6
Ardara 5 3 0 2 73 69 4 6
CLG Naomh Náille 5 3 0 2 62 63 -1 6
Aodh Ruadh Ballyshannon 4 2 0 2 61 53 8 4
CLG An Tearmainn 5 2 0 3 60 64 -4 4
Four Masters 5 2 0 3 62 68 -6 4
An Clochán Liath 5 2 0 3 61 71 -10 4
CLG Bun Cranncha 4 1 0 3 50 74 -24 2
Naomh Columba 3 0 0 3 38 50 -12 0




By Sinéad Breen Donegal PRO Mon 29th Apr

Related News

View All

Main Sponsor

Our Sponsors