Critical Incident Response Interim Team Donegal GAA
- County Chairman Sean Dunnion 087-2300735
- County Secretary Aodh Mairtin O Fearraigh 087-9233890
- Chairperson of Health & Wellbeing committee Marian McNulty 086-8506405
A traumatic or critical incident is any event that is outside the range of usual human experiences.
It is an event that causes an unusually intense stress reaction which has the emotional power to overwhelm an individual’s usual ability to cope.
It may impede peoples coping mechanisms immediately or in the future following the event.
It may impair their ability to adjust, and it may negatively impact their work.
Examples of Critical Incidents include:
- Death or serious injury on or off the playing field
- Exposure to the aftermath of a road traffic accident eg. The accident scene, the victim(s)
- Personal loss or injury, real or threatened to a child or adult
- Being violently threatened
- Close encounter with death
- Suicide of a club member
- A situation with excessive media interest
- Other incidents not covered above but which are associated with unusually strong emotional reactions