As you may be aware, the 2015 Off the Booze…On the Ball alcohol awareness campaign is just around the corner, and although we have been working extensively with the Donegal Health & Wellbeing Committee,
To give you a quick update, we have redeveloped OTB…OTB to make it, we hope, more appealing to clubs and individuals to get involved. We also decided to try and re-establish the campaign and develop a wider and more substantial foundation that we can then build on, something that would not be possible without our new County Health & Wellbeing Committees.
With all that in mind, we have set each committee a target of recruiting a minimum of just two clubs per county. Presently, we have 2 clubs from Donegal registered and although this is the minimum we asked for, we want to make sure every club has the opportunity to get involved and are asking for your support in doing this.
Although registration is open to clubs until the end of January, we want to make sure all registered clubs have as much time as possible to recruit members to get involved, therefore want to give our club recruitment one final push in the next week to 10 days. If you could use whatever forum available to you, whether it be County Board meetings, county websites and social media platforms or even mailing lists for clubs in Donegal, every bit of promotion will help.
Club registration is done online at www.gaa.ie/thechallenge, and once a club registers they will receive all the information they should need. As I’m sure you are already aware, the campaign has numerous reasons for a club to get involved:
· It provides a fun way for clubs in Donegal to promote healthier lifestyles and even improve performances.
· It gives clubs a novel way to raise money as all participants can get sponsored for going off the booze and on the ball via the online portal with all money going back to the club.
· It gives club an opportunity to win a money can’t buy prize that the whole club can enjoy, the highlight of which will be a coaching session by a high profile coach and former inter county star.
· All clubs will receive a digital promotion pack, as well as some printed promotional material – guaranteed to pre-registered clubs and while stocks last once pre-registration has closed.
· All clubs and participants will receive an information pack that will help them make OTBOTB ’15 as successful as possible.
If anyone has any questions relating to OTBOTB ’15 then please don’t hesitate to contact me at any of the numbers below, or by email and I will answer any of your questions.
Health & Wellbeing Coordinator (GAA Community & Health dept.)
Email: email@example.com | Office: +353 (0)1 819 2393 | Mobile: +353 85 876 8643