Tomorrow, August 14th, Donegal Connect are holding a #LoveDonegal day on Twitter to tell as many people as possible around the world about our amazing county. Donegal Connect, a collaborative project between the private and public sector is aimed at creating new opportunities in the county and in particular the project aims to connect with the Donegal Diaspora both within Ireland and overseas. Donegal Connect aims to extend our links with those who have Donegal roots or connections around the world and to promote the county to the widest possible global audience. We want more people to visit, take jobs here, invest in the county, start business here, relocate or retire here, to grow our local economy.
Help and support from all Gaels is wanted:
- People, organisations, clubs, businesses etc in Donegal,
- Donegal emigrants and people with Donegal roots or connections around the world
- People who visit or have visited Donegal
- High profile ‘influencers’ – people with big Twitter followings like our Donegal Connect ambassadors Sarah Jessica Parker, Packie Bonner and big names like Daniel O’Donnell, Seamie Coleman, Martin Harley, Jason Quigley, Sean McGinley and our Donegal GAA Stars
If everyone acts together, then we can get Donegal trending and highlight the many wonderful things we all love about our county!
You can take part by:
- Tweeting personally from your personal account using #LoveDonegal
- Tweeting from your work, club our group twitter accounts, if available
- Retweeting other #LoveDonegal tweets (and posting to Instagram too)
- Asking your friends & family at home and abroad to join in
What to Tweet for #LoveDonegal Day
If you live in Donegal, Tweet about your community, your business, your family, your work, where you live, your sports team or club – basically anything! – using the hashtag #LoveDonegal.
If you don’t live here but visit or have roots here, you can Tweet about e.g. what you love about Donegal, favourite places, people & things to do here, using the hashtag #LoveDonegal.
Add a photo to your Tweet too, if you can. You can post to Instagram as well, if you have an account and have time, but Twitter is our priority on the day. Tweets/posts can include:
- visiting or travelling around Donegal,
- the people of Donegal,
- the landscape, coastline or islands of Donegal….
- music, arts, sport, marine, business, culture & food,
- the Gaeltacht and the Irish language