County Coaching and Games Manager CLG Dhún na nGall
Cumann Lúthchleas Gael is Ireland’s leading sporting and cultural organisation with membership approaching one million people and in excess of 500,000 playing participants at all levels. Inspired by its amateur status and supported by the voluntary efforts of all its members, the GAA devotes its entire resources to the development of Gaelic Games and Culture nationally and in local communities.
CLG Dhún na nGall are seeking applications for the role of County Coaching and Games Manager.
The role holder will report to the Provincial Games Development Manager and a Dhún na nGall designated Senior Board member and will co-ordinate the work programmes of all county-based coaches for both football and hurling.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
1. Production and delivery of an annual Coaching & Games Development plan for the county, which will outline in detail the objectives and priorities for the Coaching & Games Development team;
2. Manage and review the performance of all County Games Development personnel responsible for the implementation of the Annual Games Development plan;
3. Evaluate the outcomes, effectiveness and efficiency of the Annual Games Development Plan through use of the GAA Games Development Information Management System (MIS) and qualitative reviews and propose change as necessary.
4. Organise and coordinate the development and provision of games opportunities and skill development initiatives e.g. Cúl Camps
5. Maintain key lines of communication with Clubs, Schools and relevant Community groups, in particular Cumann na mBunscol, to ensure the effective promotion of Gaelic Games through Club,School and Community links;
6. Prepare and manage budgets and maintain accurate and up to date records and reports as appropriate;
7. Establish and maintain effective partnerships with key local stakeholders, partners and other agencies;
8. Coordinate an annual audit of Clubs and Schools in relation to Player Development, Coaching Standards, Facilities and Resources and work with the County Board team in the development of new units across these areas in line with the County Development plan objectives.
9. Liaise with National and Provincial Games Development Personnel and attend meetings and personnel training as required, to support the development of the function and the role;
10. Complete any other duties that may reasonably be assigned by the Provincial Games Development Manager and a Dhún na nGall designated Senior Board member.
Applicants should note that they will be required to demonstrate that they meet all of these requirements at the time of submitting their application. These include:
Riachtanais / Essential Criteria
• Minimum Level 1 GAA Coaching Qualification (at time of interview);
• Minimum 5 years’ experience working in the GAA or similar sporting organisation (Voluntary or Professional capacity);
• An appropriate third level qualification (Level 7 NFQ);
• Clear and detailed knowledge of the GAA’s coaching schemes and initiatives;
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and a strong ability to work in high-pressure situations;
• Excellent administrative and IT skills with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems;
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written);
• Demonstrably excellent leadership skills and influencing ability;
• Excellent ability to manage people/resources and build and sustain good team relationships and manage conflict;
• Strong team work skills; demonstrable ability to maintain team focus by showing co-operation and assistance to colleagues in the support of goals;
• Strong leadership and decision-making skills;
• Excellent negotiation skills;
• Strong organisational skills and demonstrable ability to effectively manage multiple projects and priorities; hands-on approach to getting things done;
• Ability to clearly present goals and direction.
Inmhianaithe / Desirable Criteria
• Third level qualification (Level 7 NFQ) in Sports Science;
• Own car with a full clean driving licence;
• Ability to work and attend evening and weekend meetings/activities in addition to normal day to day activities.
Ní ghlacfar le harratais i ndiaidh a 3.00in ar an Aoine an 04u Eanáir
Candidates interested in the above role should apply by sending an up to date cover letter and Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 3pm on Friday, 04th January 2019.
Please note the post is subject to Garda Vetting / Child Safeguarding.
Is fostóir comhionannais CLG Dhún na nGall.
Donegal County Board are an equal opportunities employer