Ulster GAA will host the 16th O’Neill’s Coaching and Games Development Conference at Owenbeg, Derry on Saturday 9 November. This year’s conference will take on a new format with pitch sessions included for the first time, as well as workshops and presentations.
The theme of this year’s conference will be on ‘Developing Hurling and Camogie Performance’ and will welcome some of the foremost coaches in the country to Owenbeg for the day.
- Presentation – The importance of checking for Prostate Cancer– Dr Aidan Cole
- Practical Session – How to optimise your training to make your team more effective’ – Paudie Murray and Kevin Murray (Camogie, Cork Manager and Coach) and Derek McGrath (Hurling, former Waterford manger)
- Workshop – Basic fitness requirements of a senior player (dealing with multiple workloads) – Cairbre Ó’Cairealláin (Tipperary, Conditioning Coach)/ Eoin McNicholl (Ulster GAA Sports Science Officer)
- Workshop – Stats…Do they add up – What should club Coaches focus on? – Damien Young (Tipperary, Performance Analyst)
- Presentation – Importance of a structured games programme, linking to bigger picture – Martin Fogarty (National Director of Hurling)
- Presentation – Importance of surrounding yourself with good people (Combining the ‘Me’ and the ‘We’) – Derek McGrath
The delegate cost of £25/ €28 includes:
- Attendance at the Conference
- A free gift for the first 200 delegates in attendance
- A ticket to the Ulster Club Hurling Final (Sunday 10th November)
There is also a special offer for those who want to attend with club members – a ‘5 for the price of 4 offer’ (£100/ €112). To register for this year’s O’Neills Ulster GAA Coaching and Games Development Conference visit our Eventbrite page.