CLG Dhún na nGall released ticketing information on Friday July 5th that Croke Park had decided admission to the Super 8 Round 1 game in Páirc Shean MhicCumhaill next Sunday would be on a general admission basis. The same ticket could be used for either stand or terrace. Seating in the stand will be on a “first come, first served” basis – when the stand is full patrons will be directed to the terrace.
There has been some debate in the media regarding the rights of Season Tickets holders to reserved seats in the light of this general admission policy. To clarify this matter, Season Tickets gave all holders:
- admission to Donegal’s seven Allianz League matches and to the Division 2 Allianz League final in Croke Park;
- admission to the Club All-Ireland finals in Croke Park on St Patrick’s Day;
- admission to the stand for Donegal’s first championship match;
- €5 discount off the cover price of subsequent championship, qualifier and Super 8 games;
- the ability to purchase a ticket for the All-Ireland final if Donegal was a participant and provided they had attended 60%, or more, of Donegal’s Allianz League games.
The tickets were county specific and there was no guarantee of a seat at either Allianz League games or subsequent matches, with the exception of Donegal’s first championship game in Brewster Park. Thus, season ticket holders can purchase tickets for next Sunday’s game for €20 and will have a choice of stand or terrace provided they arrive before the stand fills.