The HSE have announced the opening of two new Pop Up Walk-in Test Centres at GAA grounds in Donegal – one in Carndonagh at the GAA Club House, F93 EF65 and one at the Donegal GAA Centre, Convoy, F93 DK4C. Both are free of charge.
- The Test Centre in Convoy will open from Saturday May 8th to Monday May 10th inclusive. Note this includes Sunday – some early media reports before the official announcement – suggested that it would be closed Sunday. CLG Dhún na nGall are co-operating as closely as possible with the HSE to reduce the spread of Covid in our County and all activity at Convoy scheduled for this weekend was moved to alternative venues. Opening times will be from 11am to 7pm each day. No appointment is necessary to avail of this Free service. The service will be open to members of the public who live within the Lifford-Stranorlar local electoral area.
- The Test Centre in Carndonagh will operate from Tuesday May 11th to Thursday May 13th inclusive. Opening times will be from 11am to 7pm each day and again no appointment is required. The service will be open to members of the public who live within the Carndonagh local electoral area.
Both Walk in test centre will be operated by the National Ambulance service and supported by Community Healthcare Organisation Area 1 and Public Health North West. The service is for those who do not have COVID-19 symptoms and for people who are concerned that they may have been at risk of infection in the past two weeks. Children can get tested if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian. You must bring a photo ID with you and provide us with a mobile phone number so we can contact you with your results. The HSE urge members of the public who have symptoms to consult their GP to arrange a test, and to not avail of the walk-in facility. Anyone who has already scheduled a COVID-19 test is asked not to attend.
These centres are in addition to the walk-in test centre which will operate today, Thursday, and tomorrow Friday, from 11am to 7pm at Milford CO-OP Livestock Mart Ltd. Glenkeen, Milford Co.Donegal F92 D773. People in this area are urged to avail of this free service over the rest of today and tomorrow. The Letterkenny Community Testing centre remains open also as a drive through GP / Public Health Referral and self referral testing centre.
Mick McGrath, chairperson of CLG Dhún na nGall has welcomed the opening of these two Pop Up Walk-in Test Centres and re-iterated his message from earlier this week that all in Donegal should adhere to the Covid regulations. The four centres are all in areas where incidence of Covid is above the national average and it is important that people avail of them. The chairperson extends his thanks to the various Donegal squads who have rescheduled activities to facilitate the HSE and also paid tribute to CLG Carndomhnaigh for their co-operation with the HSE. Donegal GAA also thank the health workers of the county who have moved seamlessly from dealing with an onslaught of Covid patients in hospitals over the last 12 months to providing very efficient and well-run test and vaccination centres. Donegal senior footballers acknowledge their self-sacrifice with a logo on their training tops saluting health workers.
The Cleary Centre Donegal Town is also accepting both GP and Public Health referrals.
Once again you can use these free, walk-in COVID-19 testing services if you:
- are aged 16 years and over;
- are a child and are accompanied by a parent or guardian;
- do not have symptoms of COVID-19 but would like to be tested; and,
- have not tested positive for COVID-19 in the last six months.
Any media queries should be directed to:
Phone: 087 4138327