An RTE special report in early June highlighted the GAA’s Community Heart Programme and highlighted an important initiative that has saved 42 lives in recent years by GAA club-based defibrillators being on hand to help people in a cardiac emergency. Both the GAA and the wider sports community can enrol in a CPR/ Defibrillator Awareness Workshop being held by Donegal Sports Partnership next Tuesday 13th July 7-8.30pm
Workshop Title: CPR/Defibrillator Awareness Workshop
Date: Tuesday 13th July 2021
Cost: 5 Euro (+Booking Fee)
Delivery Method: Zoom
The workshop will be delivered by Aiden Thompson from Donegal Safety Training Solutions.
Aiden will cover the following topics.
1. How and when to make an emergency call.
2. Introduction to CPR, when and why do we do it.
3. Introduction to defibrillators and their safe use.
4. Review of storage and access to defibrillators in your club/community.
5. Signs and symptoms of a heart attack and stroke.
6. What can you do while you wait for the emergency services to arrive.
More information is available from the flyer below