Nominations for the @Translink_NI Ulster GAA Young Volunteer of the Year Award close tomorrow, Friday 12th February!! This is open to all nine Ulster counties but as yet there have been very few nominations from Donegal clubs.
The Translink and Ulster GAA Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award celebrates the outstanding contribution made by young members of the association to their clubs and communities throughout the challenges of the Covid-19 pandemic. This year, more than most, it is important to recognise the young people who have risen to the test in what has been an extremely challenging year for our clubs and communities.
Submissions are invited to celebrate young people who have made an outstanding contribution to their club over the past number of difficult months. The nomination process opens on Friday 29th January and closes on Monday 12th February. The winner will receive a certificate & specially commissioned Volunteer of the Year merchandise from Ulster GAA and, courtesy of Translink, a voucher for complimentary Enterprise Class travel for two people to Dublin (for use in the future). They’ll also receive a free set of Translink-sponsored underage jerseys for their club.
NOMINATE a young volunteer from your club who has made an outstanding contribution to be in with a chance of winning the Translink Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award by visiting https://ulster.gaa.ie/youngvolunteeraward/.
The criteria for the Translink Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award are as follows:
- Young volunteer (14-24 years old) who has demonstrated an outstanding commitment to their role as a volunteer during the previous 12 months, as nominated by their club.
- Has dedicated a substantial amount of time to volunteering and shown an ability to go above and beyond the typical expectation of someone their age, in the previous 12 months.
- Has impacted on others, been an inspiration and/or positive role model.
- Has adapted their volunteer delivery during Covid-19.
- Commitment given to continuing their volunteering within the club.
For further information on the Translink Young GAA Volunteer of the Year Award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org