Health & Wellbeing
County Health and Wellbeing Committee
County Health and Wellbeing Committee Background
As per motion passes at congress 2013, each county from the 1st January 2014 to put in place a County Health and Wellbeing committee.
Donegal County Board set up this committee at a County Board meeting in February.
- To assist the county board and the clubs in identifying and responding to the Health and wellbeing needs of our members in a planned and appropriate manner, both directly through appropriate GAA programmes and by way of signposting to the partnering with relevant local services providersfor training/education delivery.
- Liaise with Provincial Council and Croke Park for support, direction and assistance.
- The County Health and Wellbeing Committee shall establish a baseline audit of programmes and training/education needsin the county
- The County Health and wellbeing Committee shall put in place an action plan addressing these needs over a 2/3 year period.
- The committee will liaise with relevant outside agencies and engage their assistance in delivering the action plan.
- This committee will make available resources to clubs to promote health, as provided by Ulster Council, Croke Park and other external Statutory, Voluntary, or Community agencies.
- This committee will provide support, advice and signposting to clubs on health related matters.
- The chairperson will present a report on the work of the committee at County Committee meetings.
- The committee will produce a written report to county convention to be included on the agenda and in the Convention Booklet.
- Marian McNulty Chairperson
Contact Marian on E-MAIL Chair.firstname.lastname@example.org or
email@example.com Tele 086/8506405
- Noirin Ni Dhochartaigh (Secretary)
- Sean Dunnion (County Chairman
- Gary Duffy
- Sarah Toye
- James Pat McDaid
- Dolores McWeeney
- Oisin Cannon
- Carol Gallagher Sean Reilly